Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Little Debbie - Be My Valentine Brownies


Little Debbie never fails to disappoint around the holidays.  Whether it's Halloween, Christmas, Easter, or Valentine's Day, they always seem to release something that celebrates the season.  Sometimes, they come out with multiple products featuring different flavors and designs.  I used to put Hostess in first place, especially back when they had the Scary Cakes and awesome box art, but Little Debbie has taken over.  She goes all out every year and doesn't go out of business. Ohhhh snap!


Photo credit goes to Leaping to Learning because, honestly, I couldn't get creative enough with my positioning to get a decent image of this box.  If you've ever picked up a box of Little Debbie brownies, you know the box is long and awkward.  This doesn't make for great photos, but it does work out perfectly for package design.  As you can see, it's all decked out for Valentine's Day with red and pink hearts and displays the iced brownies prominently.  That's all well and good, but what really sold me was the red icing.  Once I saw that, Little Debbie was laying in my cart, just waiting to see my kitchen.


I always laugh how Little Debbie shapes her brownies because, when they're not square, they're still cut with straight edges.  Hearts are supposed to be rounded on top and met with a point at the bottom.  This heart is rugged and looks more like something a ninja would throw at you, but we all get the point (pun intended!)  On the bright side, the red icing is true to the box art and the pink and white heart-shaped sprinkles are appropriately designed and shaped.  If you can accept the awkwardly shaped heart for what it is, then you'll enjoy looking at this very cool brownie.


Of all the Little Debbie products offered, the brownies have always been my favorite.  I remember going up to my Grandfather's house and devouring an entire box while watching Batman and Animaniacs on the WB.  Cosmic Brownies came along and only enhanced the experience, so I'm very happy and filled with lots of nostalgia whenever I have them around.  The fact that they design and release these different varieties for the seasons is a bonus and I'll always go out of my way to pick them up.  Like every Little Debbie brownie I've had before this one, the "Be My Valentine" edition is a success.  The red icing is still the same icing we're used to, just colored for Valentine's Day, so if you're a fan of brownies and are easily sold by different colors (like me) then this is something you'll want to have in the house.  Eat one on Valentine's Day and think of me.  Even if you don't want to, I bet you will now, anyway ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...