Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Junior Mints - Heart Shaped


I was walking through the aisles of Target a few weeks ago and something stood out at me - Junior Mints.  Now, that's not something I usually pay attention to, but after eating countless Peppermint Crunch Junior Mints during the Christmas season, the candy has now been on my radar.  Thanks to the success of Peppermint Crunch, I had my eyes peeled and picked up a Valentine's Day edition of Junior Mints that I was very excited to see and try.


Had these been your regular, old, boring, everyday Junior Mints, I would have walked on by and waited until December before giving them any more of my money.  But two things stood out and attracted me - heart shaped candies and red filling.  Like I said in my last post, it doesn't take much to lure me in and if you've been reading The Holidaze for a while, you should know that by now.  Red filling?  That's an instant sale.  In fact, if it weren't for the change in color, I don't think I would have even bothered with the heart shaped Junior Mints.  That's cute, but not enough for this manly man to waste a dollar.



After opening the box and looking at the size and shape of these Junior Mints, I realized I would have made a mistake had I walked on by and ignored the heart shape alone.  They're much bigger than I expected and look very cool.  They're perfect for Valentine's Day, but it was still all about the red filling.  If I didn't have that to entice me, this post would have ended here and I'd have nothing else to talk about.  The fact that we still have red mint filling to review is what's keeping this post alive.  Right?  Hmm..



My plan was to bite two, get a picture of the white and red next to one another, and upload them to my laptop.  I didn't intend on eating an entire box, but I had to find that damn red Junior Mint and, believe me when I tell ya, I was getting pissed off.  Bite after bite and all I kept seeing was your traditional white filling.  I thought there was supposed to be a variety here?  I thought I was going to see some red in this box, but I kept striking out on every attempt.  The only reason I bought this candy at all was to see the red filling and pretend I was a vampire or zombie eating a red heart on Valentine's Day, but things weren't looking good.  I bit at least 13 Junior Mint hearts, had only 4 left, before.. finally.. one damn heart.


Just as I was starting to lose hope, there is is!  It's too bad that there weren't any more than one because it truly looks awesome!  Of course I acted as if I was a walker feasting on the flesh of mere mortals.  That's to be expected, right?  Whether it's a celebration of love or not, you don't eat a red filled heart without throwing in a little horror.  Maybe it's a guy thing, but that was pretty much the only reason I bought this box at all.  Fortunately, I was able to experience the thrill of finding a red filled Junior Mint because I honestly thought it was turning into a case of false advertisement.  I have no idea if "one-to-a-box" is what they're going for or if I just caught some bad luck while walking down the aisle, but this was aggravating.  I felt like a kid looking for the Great White Shark in a box of "Shark Bites" fruit snacks.  After a while, you start to whine and throw in the towel.  Luckily I found this one and was able to share it with you.  Otherwise, a boring post would have been even more boring.  The red heart saved us all.


Because I literally bit into every Junior Mint in the box before throwing the wasted half-hearts out, I had to do something special with them.  So I designed a heart using all of my broken ones to give all of my Holidaze readers.  But the kid in me is coming out again and all I see now is a gang of white-filled walkers surrounding the lonesome red-filled heart as they attempt to attack and make him a walker as well.  Yeah, as you can tell, The Walking Dead is back and I'm a little bit more into that than I am Valentine's Day.

Normally I recommend most products I review, but I'd advise you to stay away from this one because you may be disappointed.  I don't know if you'll find more than one or not, but unless you like eating Junior Mints on a regular basis, this one isn't worth the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...