Thursday, October 13, 2011

Spookylicious Pop-Tarts


The best part about writing this Holidaze blog is that I now make more of an effort to discover new things.  Last year, I knew that Halloween Pop-Tars existed, but I never made any attempt to find them.  In fact, had I walked right past them, I probably wouldn't have even noticed.  But now, with my focus geared toward creating an unforgettable Halloween season, I'm finding everything I never did before.  This has certainly enhanced the season and made this one of my best October's in years.  What's better?  We're not even halfway through!


It's upsetting that I didn't pick these up last year because they're obviously worth it.  I haven't had many kind words for Kellogg's this season, as I feel they can do more to create better Halloween products, yet they're still very much a large part of the season.  They've given us Rice Krispies Treats and provided the number one ingredient to our Pumpkin Spice Krispies Treats.  I hate to knock them for those reasons, but I feel like I have to in order for them to become better.  I'm like a disgruntled parent who sees that their child has an ability they're not putting to good use.  Spookylicious Pop-Tarts prove that!

If Kellogg's can do this much for a box of Pop-Tarts, why can't they do the same for their cereal boxes?  Here we have a ghost, a spider spinning his web, a full moon and the perfect amount of orange.  Not to mention the decorative tarts covered in Halloween-themed sprinkles.  They basically took their fancy box and translated that into 12 toaster pastries.  See son, you can be the best!



The Spookylicious Pop-Tarts are chocolate flavored.  To be specific, they're "Frosted Chocolate Fudge."  Either way, you're only going to like these treats if you're a fan of chocolate because the filling is rich and overwhelming.  For me, that's a good thing.  I love chocolate, but even I have to break these treats down into increments.  However, that's another good thing.  That means they'll last me straight through to Halloween without having to purchase another box just to say I had one on Halloween.

I'm not sure how the masses commonly eat their Pop-Tarts, but I usually eat them right out from the box.  On occasion, I'll microwave or toast them, but it's rare that I do.  I know that they taste better that way, but I'm just too lazy to heat them.  I've yet to try doing so with these treats, but I should have to give the people who don't read this a better review.  In the time it took me to write for nobody, I could have already finished one and had more to write about.  Oh well, I'm sure they're just as good heated as they are unwrapped.


Finally, here is a close-up on one of the Spookylicious Pop-Tarts.  Obviously it looks nothing like the ones pictured on the box, but I've yet to see a product that ever does.  However, you still get to see those ghosts, spiders and moons.  For whatever reason, they all seem to cluster down at the bottom, leaving the outcasts up top.  That's mean.  Now I'm writing as if these sprinkles have thoughts and emotions.  That's ridiculous... or is it?


Eater beware! Bwahaha!

1 comment:

  1. These types of limited edition pastries and such have always fascinated me -- Infact, I'm getting the Easter edition Pop-Tarts for this season!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...