Monday, September 19, 2011

Cookies and Candy

Cookies are never a bad thing, especially when they're Chips Ahoy.  Every time of year is the perfect time of year to have cookies and milk.  It's so classic that it has the ability to take you back to any time of your life.  I'm usually brought back to when I was a child and couldn't understand why my cookie kept breaking off into the milk.  One of the best things about adulthood is you come to realize what's important in life.  Learning not to keep your cookie drowned in milk for over a minute is one of them.  You gotta be quick about it.

Although Chips Ahoy are best served at any time, I appreciate the fact that they still release special editions throughout the various seasons and holidays.  They've been doing so for Halloween for quite some time now, but they've never done this well in terms of packaging. 



I'll admit, my photos aren't doing this bag justice.  This is one of the greatest displays of Halloween graphics I've ever seen in a product.  Not only did they change their primary bag color from blue to black, but they also included the words "haunted" and "Halloween!"  Along with the pumpkins, bats and moon, we're looking at a true piece of art here.  Plus, we all know Dracula took a bite out of that cookie.  At least that's what I'm telling myself.  It's awesome.  I rarely keep packages, boxes or wrappers once they've been gutted, but I think this will be one time that I do.


The cookies themselves are exactly what you'd expect from Chips Ahoy, but they've added orange coated M&M like chocolate into the mix.  They've done this before and we all know what it tastes like so there's no need for me to explain.  Sure, less explanation means a shorter paragraph, but I just added a lot to it by typing this unnecessary sentence.

These Chips Ahoy are, as always, very good.  But, of course, the Halloween packaging takes it over the top.  So if you're shopping and you see an old, boring, regular, blue bag of Chips Ahoy right next to that beautiful, black and orange masterpiece, then you know which one to get.


Here, we have Fruit By The Foot - Mini Feet.  Now, I'm not entirely sure that this has anything to do with Halloween at all.  Sure, there's a disgruntled Mummy on the box, but we also have Scooby-Doo.  This could very well be a Scooby themed box of Fruit by the Foot.  Everything about Scooby and the gang can be related to Halloween in some way anyway, so I'm not sure if this box is special in the least.  However, based on the flavor, I'm going to guess that it is.


Trick or Treat Berry!  Would Betty Crocker actually release a Trick or Treat flavored anything during the months of January and February?  Nah.. that would just be moronic.  This has to be themed for Halloween.  I can't say they did an amazing job on the box art, but there is a Mummy and, as usual, Scooby is scared out of his mind.  That counts for something, but I always look for a little bit more.  Regardless, "Trick or Treat Berry" was more than enough to make me want it.



The wrappers are essentially the same as the box.  I would have liked to see something different, but that's because I'm a nerd who geeks out over cool packaging.  Little kids couldn't care less about what the wrapper looks like.  They just want to rip it open, unroll their Fruit by the Foot, and come up with new ways to turn their tongues orange.  Who can blame them?

What's best about these "mini" feet is that they're perfect for Trick or Treaters.  With 28 pouches in a box, you can afford to throw one into each kids' bag.  Of course, around here, we get 35 year old bums with masks on who expect you to dump out an entire bowl of Halloween goodies into their garbage bags.  Sadly, I'm not joking.  And, even sadder, they would probably get a bigger kick out of an orange tongue than the kids.  But, anyway, for those of who you don't have to worry about being mugged when you open your door to strangers, these Trick or Treat Berry flavored Fruit by the Foot snacks will be perfect for the youngins'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...